Hello and thank you for visting Sarah’s site.
I was diagnosed as autistic at 24 and then ADHD a year later! A lot of people were confused by this piece of news but I quickly learnt this was because most people had heard of autism and ADHD, but have little understanding of what this means. I am using my site as a place where I share my experiences of being autistic, an ADHDer and my experiences in education. Since then, I have started to work supporting neurodivergent individuals, spoken in the media about neurodiversity, consulted on research projects and academic writing about autism. I also have a master’s on Psychology, a member of the British Psychological Society and I’m currently undertaking a PGCert in autism. Please see below for a full list of my credentials and professional experiences.
Please note that all opinions and views expressed on this site are my own and do not reflect those of my employers or other organisations I work with on a freelance basis.
Qualifications and Professional Membership
- MSc Psychology of Education – University of Bristol
- Graduate Member of the British Psychological Society MBPsS
- Current PGCert Autism student at Sheffield Hallam University.
- Family Support Coordinator and Lead Project Worker at the National Autistic Society.
- Volunteer Coordinator and Autistic Peer Support Group Facilitator at Hearts and Minds.
- Specialist Mentor for neurodivergent university students.
- Publicly speaking about autism and neurodiversity.
- Lived experience adviser for autism research projects at the University of Bristol, Kent and Southampton.
- Previously taught English as a Second Language and worked as a TA in an additional and learning needs school.
If you are interested in working with, me please click here